Thursday, November 5, 2009

Puccini for Beginners

First of all, the title to this movie is just great, and was the main reason why I checked it out in the first place.

"Puccini for Beginners," is a provocative comedy about the complications of sexual orientation and romance. The story revolves around Allegra, a lesbian whose had a string of relationships that always end with her partners leaving her because of her fear of commitment.

I personally found this movie quite funny, but I guess it all depends on your sense of humor.

After being dumped once again, Allegra decides that she is going to be alone for the rest of her life...of course this changes once she meets someone. Surprisingly enough this someone isn't a woman! She starts dating a man, which brings up all sorts of questions about her sexuality until she starts dating a woman simultaneously.

I don't want to spoil the movie for you guys so I'll leave it at that. But just so you know, there's a nice twist to this love triangle.

If you have some time to spare and want to have a few laughs I'd recommend checking it out. It isn't the greatest comedy ever made, but it definitely is a clever comedy and the performances are quite good.

I give it a rating of 4/5

-Jag

No comments:

Post a Comment