Friday, November 6, 2009

Naissance des pieuvres

"Naissance des pieuvres," known as "Water Lilies" in English is a French film that tells the story of two teenage girls that live in Paris, who are beginning to explore their sexuality in their own terms.

It's a French movie...so its gotta be weird, right?

The plot is a bit unusual and at times a little difficult to follow, but it mostly revolves around Marie's infatuation with an older girl named Floriane, who is the captain of a synchronized swimming team. The subplote deals with Marie's friend, Anne, who likes one of the water polo boys and wants to get her first kiss.

I found this film to be provocative in its subject matter, considering the fact that the film explores the ideas of sexuality amongst teenage girls...but they are the French...nothing is taboo for them...hehe.

The movie had its interesting parts, but I felt like it was quite slow and I had a hard time keeping my interest in it...my ADD started kicking in!

Overall, I found that this movie was probably made with a certain target audience in mind...which I am not a part of. I felt like it was boring, and when it got interesting it didn't last for long. It was an interesting experience nonetheless.

My rating for this movie is 2/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment